Zach Claymation

Zach Claymation

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reflection and Challenge 3: Make art

After consciously trying to be more honest for a week, I can totally see why the movie Liar Liar was such a hit. A little fib here and there can get you out a situation you don't want to be in, but if you just flat out say "no" it is in a sense freeing. Now in this digital age where cell phones have changed our plans by the minute, I will admit I could not fulfill all my weeks obligations. The woman that I am doing research with had her basement flooded and so our research schedule changed, which ran into other plans I had, and thus I was not 100% a man of my word. Even though i did bat 1000 this exercise helped me to realize how critical communication is, in all of its forms. It also made me realize how difficult it is to interpret text messages on cell phones or on the internet, so i made a new rule for myself. If someone sends me a text that gives a reason why they cannot be somewhere, i will take it as truth. It saves me a lot of time, and a lot of raging energy. And on we go....


CHALLENGE 3: Make Art

This weeks challenge incredibly fun, but it can also be incredibly difficult. This week I am going to make a piece of art for a friend or a family member. For my birthday gift my sister made a claymation figure of me and a drawing and I have to say it was the best gift I have ever received in my life. I knew that she was spending a great deal of time thinking about me, thinking about who I am, what I like and dislike about myself, and what would make me happy. Now, don't put super high expectations on your artwork, we all have different talents. But make sure that it is uniquely you, and that it is uniquely the other person. It can be a poem, a drawing, a painting, a sculpture, a video, a dance, a song, or anything else that you can make a case for being art (i'm sure   my friend laura could give a in depth definition of what art is, so if your low on ideas check her blog out). Spend time thinking about that person, pinpoint what you want the work to showcase, and get crack-a-lackin. I am going to post my stuff, I hope someone else does! But if not, were all still friends. Peace. 

5 comments:

  1. Ahaaa...I love it, I was just going to say ... with all the headaches I am recieving from my drawing class ... I forgot how fun creating something can be. So I am def. going to try and make an art piece very soon ... that my teacher can not rip apart ... because it is soley graded by none other than myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha graded by yourself and the person you give it to! Make sure its somebody that likes you and I bet there will be a curve. And I agree with how stressful "art" classes can be. Just hearing my sister talk about how subjective it can be would be incredibly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving a sincere and thoughtful art piece to someone you don't know could be fruitful as well. Though you may not be able to custom design it for one specific person, there are things that you can custom design for all and any specific person(s).

    ***DISCLAIMER*** I am not changing Zach's message, I'm just piggybacking on it. Zach's message is core and central and mine does not go against his. ***DISCLAIMER***

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! You mentioned me!! you forgot about the pancake animation butttt... hahaha I'll take the compliment! I totally thought of you the whole time I was crafting, and it made it that much more fun to make something for someone that you know will appreciate it! My next goal is to make a sock puppet for nonno. :) don't tell him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha em your secret is definitly safe with me ;) And Jarret I like your idea as well, i was thinking of that as a follow up challenge, I dont want to run out of ideas for my blog! Thanks guys for the comments! Your making me feel cool

    ReplyDelete